Sunday, December 18, 2011

Can you give e-book gifts?

I must admit, I've stopped giving books to people in my life who now own e-readers. I used to spend lots of love and energy choosing perfect reads for specific people. One time I bought a gift card for my dad and told him which books I wanted him to buy, but somehow, that didn't feel quite right.

So I was thrilled to find out Amazon has addressed this frustration. There is now a way to give a specific digital book! If you go to the kindle book store, under the "buy" button, there is an option to "give as a gift." You can have the book emailed to the recipient and they can download it either to their computer or whatever device they use to read. The best part is you can choose the date your gift is delivered!

I feel so free! Even though I've already purchased gifts for everyone on my list (almost) I think I'm going to try this just for fun. So somebody gets a bonus gift this year!

And if you'd like to give it a try, here's a great idea: buy my Christmas story for $.99! It's a great little stocking stuffer - and you can stuff an email box with it too. Search for Jennifer Fromke on Amazon and check out Special Delivery.

If you get a chance to try this, come back to the blog and let me know what you think. Did the whole process work seamlessly? And what did you think about the story?

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer,
    Thanks so much for this information! I didn't know about the "buy digital" option over at Amazon. My first purchase? I'm gifting myself a copy of your e-book! And I'm tweeting and posting this on my FB page.

    ReplyDelete